We look forward to the sixth Awareness Raising Session of Integrisport Erasmus+ on combating sport manipulation and match-fixing in Slovakia, hosted by the CSCF Foundation for Sport Integrity and NAKA (Slovak National Crime Agency of the Police Force Presidium)
IntegriSport Erasmus+ is an EU-co-funded project that aims to raise awareness amongst law enforcement and judicial authorities and support them in their fight against manipulation in sport.
IntegriSport is an initiative offered to Judicial and Law Enforcement authorities to develop their awareness of criminal activities endangering sport throughout Europe.
Sport manipulation, also more commonly known as match-fixing, is a relatively young phenomenon in the judicial world, but has been an increasing problem in the world of sport, which is being exploited by criminals. Law enforcement and judicial authorities have only in the last half-decade started to actively acknowledge the link between sport manipulation and organised crime groups (at national, regional and international levels). However, the identification of this link to mainstream offences needs to be developed and improved.
We raise awareness, share knowledge and build understanding on:
- Acknowledging the manipulation of sports competitions and sports corruption as a serious issue;
- Recognising and managing modus operandi of corruption, fraud, Internet fraud, money laundering with regards to manipulation of sports competitions;
- Betting and the links between sport betting and manipulation of sports competitions;
- Virtual currencies;
- Identifying links between sport and corruption, fraud, Internet fraud, money laundering, organized crime and virtual currencies;
- Working together with other relevant stakeholders, such as sport associations, the betting industry other public authorities within National Platforms of the Macolin Convention;
- Efficiently analysing, proving and prosecuting any offences related to sport manipulations in court.
For further information, please contact us